Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Message to raw foodists about imported fruits and vegetables

... they are irradiated by the government in the United States!

I find out one day while reading a book called Don't Throw It, Grow It!: 68 windowsill plants from kitchen scraps. It told me that you couldn't grow from seeds that were irradiated because it changes it's DNA making it unable to grow. It's like cooking it! I never knew that and decided to do more research about what irradiation is. The reason why they do is because some people got sick from eating imported fruits and vegetables. 

So I looked it up and well what do you know, the organic consumers website says that it is very harmful. Here is the link: http://www.organicconsumers.org/Irrad/irradfact.cfm. First line states, "...breaking up molecules and creating free radicals." Now that is definitely not natural. 

I couldn't find much videos about raw food and irradiation on youtube, but I did manage to find one by OkRaw. Typical, this well-known raw foodist makes all kinds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment