Sunday, May 4, 2014

Orgonite and olive oil as mold releaser, doesn't work

Early up in the morning to make orgonite! Totally in the mood. Well what do you know, today, I was actually out early in the morning before 8 am. It was only 7:30 and I was already driving my car on the way to the store and post office to look for some supplies to make my orgonite. I was inspired to make more orgonite when 2 of my panda bear orgonite sold, which I have already shipped today. But, I will need my orgonite to actually get out of the mold when I need them to. So...

What I needed to get was a spray bottle so I could make my own nonstick spray. The eco-friendly one at the Sprouts store was a bit on the pricey side, and as a college student, you will definitely need to save up on the cash. Since I already have some olive oil that's not even olive oil, I decided I will use that to just spray onto my metal molds to make orgonite! I am using my old olive oil because I like to use for just other stuff and real olive oil for my own health and cosmetics. I found a nice recipe for your own homemade nonstick cooking spray using olive oil on Pinterest. Looks legit... and who can complain when all you need is a $1 spray bottle and some leftover olive oil you already have at home? The recipe calls for just 1 part olive and 5 parts water. Simple x3! Haha...

Anyways, I am beat for today, I spent some family time with my mom, sister and little brother at our shop in Pearland instead. And unfortunately, I also have some final exam reviewing to be done which will take HOURS=DAYS. So, I guess I won't be able to start making orgonite until this week, Saturday.

To be continued...

Ok I finally made them! 

Sigh, my experiment didn't work out very well... The olive oil spray didn't work! Maybe just a little, I got one out, and even more weird, there's some white stuff on it, probably because of the olive oil. I might as well get an actual mold releaser.

:(, I will definitely use more cure. At least I have more experience!! :) I just gotta figure out how to remove all that nasty leftover orgonite. Maybe I will just leave in the sun and see what happens? ... Nope I'm going to have to use acetone.

No comments:

Post a Comment